BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Bees and the Birds!

We had an interesting math homework night with Spencer the other night. I was involved in pentagons and hexagons and Spencer's interest was SEX! Blindsided, I studdered and asked what he wanted to know? Spencer's reaction was NEVERMIND I don't really want to know about the Bees and the Birds! Never one to back down from uncomfortable, I continued to ask what he knew, did he know about his parts and what they do, he answered with "I'll learn about all the parts in 5th grade" (referring to the maturation program the school gives with pictures to boot) I told him that he would see a similiar "part" to his but not the girl "part" (fortunately for me but maybe to him) Spencer continued to tell me how "uncomfortable " this was making him and could we please STOP but NO I pressed on.
Mom: What do you know about sex?
Spencer: A man and woman lay on top of eachother and kiss a long time!
Mom: It's a little more than that.
Spencer: Please stop mom, lets just do math!!
Mom: okay but why did you ask? Are your friends talking about sex? I want you to know the facts not what your friends tell you.
Spencer: My friends just tell sex jokes! Like what happens when an elephant has sex with a woman, she gets squished. Please mom no more talk about the Bees and Birds but I can't wait to tell everyone at school that I had the Bees and Birds talk with my mom.
Mom: This is definately not the WHOLE bees and birds talk but I give up.

Can't wait for our second talk!
Peace out,
cat


2 comments:

Mel said...

I dread those talks with my kids. I have talked to Austin but I am not sure how much of it he gets! You did a good job!

La said...

OH Cat. I am so glad that you are going though this first. You are a way good mom and I think that it is awesome that your boys feel comfortable talking to you.